Get Help

If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate help, call 911.

If you are not in immediate danger, we are here to help. If you've experienced sexual violence, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence or stalking, confidential support and guidance is available to you. 

Help for:

Campus Advocacy Resources and Education (CARE) advocates can:
  • Provide confidential emotional support, whether the assault occurred on or off campus or whether you were a UC student at the time.
  • Connect you with medical care, if you need it.
  • Explain your options for filing a report, as well as your options if you choose not to report, so you can make the decision that's right for you.
  • Help you understand your legal rights.
  • Facilitate housing needs, academic adjustments and other accommodations.
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program is designed to offer confidential counseling, referral and other needed services to staff, faculty and their family members with personal concerns.

Contact the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program at (951) 781-0510 or (800) 266-0510.

Confidential Resources

The offices noted below provide confidentiality. A report to these resources does not constitute official notice to the University about potential policy violations. Without additional action by the individual, discussions with members of these offices will not result in any action by the University to resolve the expressed concerns.

Campus Advocacy Resources & Education (CARE) 

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Office of the Ombuds

Faculty and Staff Assistance Program

Where to Report

Title IX/Sexual Harassment Office

UCR Police Department 



If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

If you have experienced sexual violence but are not in immediate danger, learn how to get support and contact a CARE advocate at (951) 827-6225 or the Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center (951) 686-7273.

Jump to Top